Diary of a Transformers Fanboy (Retro Reboots)

I love Transformers, I always have done; its something about cars and animals that can change into robots that fascinated a 5 year old me, and still does.

 

Roll on fourteen years and and the franchise is stronger than ever with 3 films, countless toys, a new cartoon show and a brand-new sequel on the way, and this pleases me.

Part of what I love about Transformers is that it can appeal to both adults and children. As a kid I wanted nothing more then to sit down on the settee on a Saturday morning, watch my favourite show (Beast Wars, Transformers) and then rush upstairs to play with my toys, and I still have an almost complete Beast Wars collection to this day. Not much has changed, however now its all about the big action and adrenaline fueled movies.



The new cartoon, Transformers Prime, which I haven't watched a great deal of seems to be doing well and has won multiple daytime Emmy awards. I have noticed though that they have included 'Predacons' into their latest episodes, could this mean that they are thinking of maybe rebooting the Beast Wars franchise in some way? 



Chronological list of Transformer cartoons/films:

  • Transformers G1 TV series (1984-1991 - Also accompanied by toys and comics)
  • Transformers G2 TV series (1992-1994) 
  • Transformers: Beast Wars (1996-1998)
  • Transformers: Beast Machines (1999-2001)
  • Transformers: Armada (2002-2003)
  • Transformers: Prime (2010-2013)
(There were also Japanese Transformers TV shows such as Beast Wars II and Transformers: Cybertron)
  • Transformers (Movie - 2007)
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Movie - 2009)
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Movie - 2011)
  • Transformers 4 (Movie - June 2014)
What I would like to see in the near future is either a Beast Wars film adaptation or a Beast Wars video game with the original cast.

Comments

Popular Posts